The Administration Division provides behind the scenes support and oversight of department functions, with a focus on the following core services:
- Budget: develops and oversees LWRD budgets.
- Committee Support: provides administrative support, including agendas and minutes, for:
- Environment, Agriculture & Natural Resources Committee;
- Lakes & Watersheds Commission;
- Land Conservation Committee;
- Park Commission.
- Computer Support: provides local hardware and software support. Liaisons with other county staff and outside agencies on technical projects and problems.
- Environmental Planning: coordinates projects and plans throughout LWRD to help ensure consistency, encourage collaboration, improve efficiencies and identify best management practices.
- GIS: develops and maintains databases and spatial data for maps and other applications; provides maps, reports and other solutions using GIS.
- Outreach: coordinates with LWRD divisions on outreach projects and helps with implementation.
- Permits/Reservations: helps manage Dane County Parks permit sales and reservations, including:
- permit distribution;
- sales and marketing;
- revenue tracking.
- Public Contact: serves as primary point of contact for many customers through phone, counter service and email communications.
- Real Estate: provides real estate services for most county departments with a focus on LWRD conservation and recreation projects.
- Special Events: processes special event applications for Dane County Park events.
- Website: develops and helps maintain LWRD web pages.