Certified Land Steward Orientation
- 06/01/2023 8:45 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
This orientation and the corresponding Natural Areas Program Volunteer Handbook empower volunteers who want to take a leadership role as a Certified Land Steward to help manage a vast and growing system of natural areas within the parks. With guidance from staff, Certified Land Stewards plan, organize, and conduct restoration work in the parks without direct on-site staff supervision. The orientation provides an overview of the Dane County Parks’ Natural Areas Program, covers important policies and procedures, reviews herbicide safety, and orients volunteers to the assortment of tools and resources available to them for working safely and efficiently in the parks. Lunch will be provided.
Steps to Register:
- Go to: https://signup.com/go/diuKtjB to register.
- After registering, complete these pre-orientation questions.
- Agendas will be sent to registrants ahead of time, along with hard copies of our Natural Areas Volunteer Handbook.
Lussier Heritage Center
3101 Lake Farm Rd, Madison, WI 53711
- Free parking available
- Bike parking available (right off the bike path)
ContactLars Higdon - (608) 286-9497 firstname.lastname@example.org
Categories: Training, Volunteer, Talk or Workshop