Seal of Dane County County of Dane
Dane County Land & Water Resources Department

Erosion and Stormwater for Agricultural Development

Erosion Control for Agricultural DevelopmentIf you are implementing a farm improvement project or operate a livestock facility a permit may be required. Use the questions on our Do I Need a Permit webpage to find out if you need a permit from our office.

Please use this checklist (PDF) before starting agricultural ditching, repairing tile, or breaking out new land

Your project might also need to be reviewed by the Dane County Farm Services Agency, Wisconsin Department of Natural ResourcesUS Army Corps of Engineers or other agencies. In some cases you may need to contact your local Drainage District. Please confirm permit requirements prior to beginning your projects.

Do I Need a Permit?    Agriculture Info