Seal of Dane County County of Dane
Dane County Land & Water Resources Department

Types of Permits and Plans

Below are the common permits and plans issued by (or related to) the Dane County Land & Water Resources Department. If your project disturbs ground, creates impervious surfaces, or includes constructing, altering, or closing a manure storage facility, you may need a permit from our office. Your project may also need a permit from another agency. Below are links to other agencies that may require permitting. This is not a comprehensive list. Please confirm permit requirements prior to beginning a project.

Do I Need a Permit?   How To Submit