Restoration Workdays-Walking Iron County Park - 2nd & 4th Tuesday each month
- 01/26/2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 02/09/2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 02/23/2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 03/09/2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 03/23/2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 04/13/2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 04/27/2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 05/11/2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 05/25/2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 06/08/2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 06/22/2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 07/13/2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 07/27/2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 08/10/2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 08/24/2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 09/14/2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 09/28/2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 10/12/2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 10/26/2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 11/09/2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 11/23/2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 12/14/2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 12/28/2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join Natural Areas Staff at Walking Iron County Park on every 2nd and 4th Tuesday from 9am-12pm throughout the year to restore and enhance Pasque Flower Prairie and adjoining project sites at Walking Iron County Park!
Please RSVP and sign up here.
This remarkable sand prairie remnant harbors a colorful and diverse collection of native plants, wildlife, and rare prairie invertebrates. A top priority for workdays will include removing invasive species such as spotted knapweed, sweet clover, and sumac but opportunities will arise for other tasks such as collecting native seeds, clearing invasive brush, brush pile burning and/or spreading additional prairie seed. All tools and training will be provided. Dress appropriately for the weather and bring plenty of drinking water. Thank you for your help to care for the natural areas in our Dane County Parks!
We begin promptly at 9am, those arriving late can call Lars or Shane to get to directions to our working area.
COVID-19 guidelines: Sign-up required--slots are limited; wear mask at orientation, break, and when social distancing of at least 6' cannot be maintained. Do not attend if experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms.
For further questions contact:
Lars Higdon (608) 286-9497 firstname.lastname@example.org
Shane Otto (608) 575-0396 email@example.com
Joleen Stinson (608) 516-3703 firstname.lastname@example.org
Walking Iron County Park - Beckman Rd. Entrance, 6064 Beckman Rd., Mazomanie 53560
There's a small gravel parking lot off of Beckman Rd. with a Walking Iron County Park sign. Volunteers can drive through the open gate and down the grassy road leading into the park to meet us in the field near the park's information kiosk. Feel free to park in the gravel lot and walk down.
ContactJoleen Stinson (608) 516-3703 email@example.com
Categories: Health & Fitness, Parks, Volunteer