Land & Water Resources Department
Tenney Lock is CLOSED for boat passage until further notice due to high lake levels and increased flows in the Yahara River,
A slow-no-wake order remains in effect for Lake Kegonsa.
The Dane County Land & Water Resources Department (LWRD) ensures the protection and enhancement of Dane County's natural, cultural, and historic resources; provides the County's citizens with a broad array of accessible, high quality resource-based recreational services and facilities; and supports citizens, communities, local governments and other agencies and organizations in their resource management and protection activities. LWRD consists of five divisions: Administration, Land Conservation, Office of Lakes and Watersheds, Parks, and Water Resource Engineering.
Administration provides behind the scenes support and oversight of department functions.
Land Conservation provides conservation planning assistance and technical service in the area of soil and water conservation to landowners, land users, and decision-makers of Dane County, Wisconsin.
- 11/15/2018 - Winter Salt Certification Training for Parking lot, Sidewalks and Trail Maintenance Professionals
- 11/15/2018 - Public Hearing - Land and Water Resource Management Plan
- 11/17/2018 - UW Madison Arboretum Grady Tract Work Party
- 11/18/2018 - UW-Madison Lakeshore Nature Preserve Volunteer Opportunity
- 11/18/2018 - Friends of Stewart Lake County Park - Monthly Volunteer Workday