Land & Water Resources Department
The Dane County Land & Water Resources Department (LWRD) ensures the protection and enhancement of Dane County's natural, cultural, and historic resources; provides the County's citizens with a broad array of accessible, high quality resource-based recreational services and facilities; and supports citizens, communities, local governments and other agencies and organizations in their resource management and protection activities. LWRD consists of five divisions: Administration, Land Conservation, Office of Lakes and Watersheds, Parks, and Water Resource Engineering.
Administration provides behind the scenes support and oversight of department functions.
Land Conservation provides conservation planning assistance and technical service in the area of soil and water conservation to landowners, land users, and decision-makers of Dane County, Wisconsin.
- 12/21/2017 - Lakes and Watershed Commission Meeting
- 1/14/2018 - Snowshoe Scurry 5k/10k @ Walking Iron County Park
- 1/21/2018 - Big Cheese Fatbike Race @ Camrock County Park
- 1/28/2018 - Meet & Greet at the Capital Springs Dog Park
- 2/5/2018 - EWEniversity 2018
- 2/25/2018 - Pawsome Snowshoe Adventure at Capital Springs
- 3/18/2018 - Campfire Chat at the Lussier Family Heritage Center
- 6/2/2018 - Parks & Trails Unite Festival