Land & Water Resources Department
The Dane County Land & Water Resources Department (LWRD) ensures the protection and enhancement of Dane County's natural, cultural, and historic resources; provides the County's citizens with a broad array of accessible, high quality resource-based recreational services and facilities; and supports citizens, communities, local governments and other agencies and organizations in their resource management and protection activities. LWRD consists of five divisions: Administration, Land Conservation, Office of Lakes and Watersheds, Parks, and Water Resource Engineering.
Administration provides behind the scenes support and oversight of department functions.
Land Conservation provides conservation planning assistance and technical service in the area of soil and water conservation to landowners, land users, and decision-makers of Dane County, Wisconsin.
- 4/21/2018 - Youth Service Day at McCarthy Youth Conservation Park
- 4/23/2018 - Lyme Disease Prevention and Infection
- 4/23/2018 - Navigating a Challenging Dairy Economy
- 4/28/2018 - Wingra Creek Cleanup
- 4/28/2018 - UW Madison Arboretum Core Area/Curtis Prairie Work Party
- 4/28/2018 - Arbor Day at Silverwood Park
- 5/5/2018 - Mad City Disc Golf Spring Kickoff
- 5/5/2018 - Word on the Street 5K Run/Walk and Kids' Run
- 5/5/2018 - WALK FOR WATER
- 5/5/2018 - Arboretum Wingra Oak Savanna Work Party
- 5/12/2018 - 7th Annual Donald Dash Trail Run @ Donald County Park
- 5/19/2018 - UW Madison Arboretum Grady Tract Work Party
- 6/2/2018 - Parks & Trails Unite Festival
- 6/2/2018 - 15th Annual Ride to Farm - June 2nd 2018
- 6/2/2018 - WAGS Dog WALK
- 6/23/2018 - BioBlitz at Lake Farm County Park
- 6/23/2018 - Prairie Chase Run/Walk at Pheasant Branch Conservancy