Land & Water Resources Department
- Slow-no-wake orders have been issued for Squaw Bay in Lake Monona beginning at sunrise on Saturday, July 20th
The Dane County Land & Water Resources Department ensures the protection and enhancement of Dane County's natural, cultural, and historic resources; provides the county's residents with a broad array of accessible, high quality resource-based recreational services and facilities; and supports residents, communities, local governments and other agencies and organizations in their resource management and protection activities. Read about the department's commitment to equity and inclusion.
The department consists of four divisions: Administration, Land Conservation, Parks, and Water Resource Engineering.
Administration provides behind the scenes support and oversight of department functions.
Land Conservation provides conservation planning assistance and technical service in the area of soil and water conservation to landowners, land users, and decision-makers of Dane County, Wisconsin.
- 7/22/2019 - Mindfulness, Meditation and Stress Management with Art Teen Camp at Schumacher Farm
- 7/23/2019 - Volunteer Restoration Workday - Walking Iron
- 7/23/2019 - Yoga in the Park - Lussier Family Heritage Center
- 7/23/2019 - Southwest WI Grazing Network - Pasture Walk
- 7/24/2019 - Yahara Lakes 101 with Claire Gervais, MD