Land & Water Resources Department
The Dane County Land & Water Resources Department ensures the protection and enhancement of Dane County's natural, cultural, and historic resources; provides the county's citizens with a broad array of accessible, high quality resource-based recreational services and facilities; and supports citizens, communities, local governments and other agencies and organizations in their resource management and protection activities. The department consists of five divisions: Administration, Land Conservation, Office of Lakes and Watersheds, Parks, and Water Resource Engineering.
Administration provides behind the scenes support and oversight of department functions.
Land Conservation provides conservation planning assistance and technical service in the area of soil and water conservation to landowners, land users, and decision-makers of Dane County, Wisconsin.
- 1/18/2019 - Tree & Brush Removal Volunteer Workday - Winter 2018-19 Schedule -Various locations throughout County Park system
- 1/22/2019 - Volunteer Restoration Workday - Walking Iron
- 1/22/2019 - Informational Meeting: Updates to the Dane County Manure Management Ordinance
- 1/26/2019 - Sustainability Series: Sustainable Gardens & Landscapes
- 1/30/2019 - Informational Meeting: Updates to the Dane County Manure Management Ordinance