Land & Water Resources Department
Tenney Lock is CLOSED for boat passage until further notice due to high lake levels and increased flows in the Yahara River,
Due to heavy rainfall, Dane County has declared a slow-no-wake for the entire surface of Lake Mendota, Monona, Waubesa and Kegonsa.
The Dane County Land & Water Resources Department (LWRD) ensures the protection and enhancement of Dane County's natural, cultural, and historic resources; provides the County's citizens with a broad array of accessible, high quality resource-based recreational services and facilities; and supports citizens, communities, local governments and other agencies and organizations in their resource management and protection activities. LWRD consists of five divisions: Administration, Land Conservation, Office of Lakes and Watersheds, Parks, and Water Resource Engineering.
Administration provides behind the scenes support and oversight of department functions.
Land Conservation provides conservation planning assistance and technical service in the area of soil and water conservation to landowners, land users, and decision-makers of Dane County, Wisconsin.
- 10/26/2018 - Fall Prairie Seed Collection Volunteer Day
- 10/26/2018 - Friday Night Lights Series presented by Glide Disc Golf and MVP Disc Sports
- 10/27/2018 - UW Madison Arboretum Core Area/Curtis Prairie Work Party
- 11/3/2018 - Anderson Park Friends Monthly Volunteer Workday
- 11/3/2018 - UW-Madison Lakeshore Nature Preserve Volunteer Opportunity