Land & Water Resources Department
Due to recent rainfall, Dane County is placing slow-no-wake orders on Lake Monona, Waubesa and Kegonsa. The restrictions for watercraft to slow down will take effect immediately today.
The Dane County Land & Water Resources Department (LWRD) ensures the protection and enhancement of Dane County's natural, cultural, and historic resources; provides the County's citizens with a broad array of accessible, high quality resource-based recreational services and facilities; and supports citizens, communities, local governments and other agencies and organizations in their resource management and protection activities. LWRD consists of five divisions: Administration, Land Conservation, Office of Lakes and Watersheds, Parks, and Water Resource Engineering.
Administration provides behind the scenes support and oversight of department functions.
Land Conservation provides conservation planning assistance and technical service in the area of soil and water conservation to landowners, land users, and decision-makers of Dane County, Wisconsin.
- 6/23/2018 - UW Madison Arboretum Core Area/Curtis Prairie Work Party
- 6/23/2018 - BioBlitz at Lake Farm County Park
- 6/23/2018 - Prairie Chase Run/Walk at Pheasant Branch Conservancy
- 6/23/2018 - Barn Dance - Silverwood County Park
- 6/30/2018 - Dane County Lake Access Sites and Tenney Lock Free Day
- 7/7/2018 - Annual Wingra Creek Clean-up with Catholic Multicultural Center
- 7/7/2018 - UW Madison Arboretum Grady Tract Work Party
- 7/22/2018 - Free Native Plants for School and Community Projects Application Deadline
- 8/8/2018 - Dairy Heifer Grazing Tour
- 8/25/2018 - Barks for Parks! fundraiser for Dane County Dog Parks!
- 12/1/2018 - Arboretum Wingra Oak Savanna Work Party