Land & Water Resources Department
The Dane County Land & Water Resources Department (LWRD) ensures the protection and enhancement of Dane County's natural, cultural, and historic resources; provides the County's citizens with a broad array of accessible, high quality resource-based recreational services and facilities; and supports citizens, communities, local governments and other agencies and organizations in their resource management and protection activities. LWRD consists of five divisions: Administration, Land Conservation, Office of Lakes and Watersheds, Parks, and Water Resource Engineering.
Administration provides behind the scenes support and oversight of department functions.
Land Conservation provides conservation planning assistance and technical service in the area of soil and water conservation to landowners, land users, and decision-makers of Dane County, Wisconsin.
- 8/15/2018 - Farmers for the Upper Sugar River Watershed Field Day
- 8/16/2018 - Madison Winter Salt WIse Certification Training - Parking Lots and Sidewalks
- 8/16/2018 - Winter Salt Certification Training Workshop
- 8/17/2018 - Prairie Planting Capital Springs Recreation Area
- 8/18/2018 - Pheasant Branch Conservancy - Restoration Workdays
- 8/18/2018 - Statewide Snapshot Day @ Festge County Park
- 8/19/2018 - Friends of Stewart Park Annual Celebration @ Stewart County Park
- 8/20/2018 - Fall Prairie Seed Collection Volunteer Day
- 8/21/2018 - Nutrient Management Plan Writing Refresher Workshop
- 8/25/2018 - UW Madison Arboretum Core Area/Curtis Prairie Work Party
- 8/25/2018 - Barks for Parks! fundraiser for Dane County Dog Parks!
- 8/30/2018 - Pollinator Habitat Planning for Farmers and Landowners
- 9/1/2018 - UW Madison Arboretum Grady Tract Work Party
- 9/7/2018 - Prairie Seed Cleaning-Hammer Milling Volunteer Workday
- 9/28/2018 - Harvest Moon- Capital Spring Recreation Area- Friday,September 28, 2018 (6:00 pm - 9:00 pm)
- 12/1/2018 - Arboretum Wingra Oak Savanna Work Party