Land & Water Resources Department
Effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020, the Land & Water Resources Department and Dane County Parks Office will be CLOSED to the public for walk-in business due to COVID-19 virus precautionary measures. Staff will be available to address phone calls and emails during typical office hours. Some limited exceptions may be made by appointment only for select services but these will require calling in advance.
View the Office CLOSED / Changes Due to COVID-19 notice on Dane County Parks for a full list of Park updates due to COVID-19.
- Information about about County Operations.
- Social distancing and minimizing travel can have a major impact in delaying the epidemic. Dane County is encouraging people to conduct business with County Departments via phone and email, where possible. Using prevention, we can slow the spread of the disease and protect the most vulnerable.
- Please monitor Public Health Madison & Dane County’s website (https://www.publichealthmdc.com/health-services/partners-providers/resources-by-disease/coronavirus) for more information.
- If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.
The Dane County Land & Water Resources Department ensures the protection and enhancement of Dane County's natural, cultural, and historic resources; provides the county's residents with a broad array of accessible, high quality resource-based recreational services and facilities; and supports residents, communities, local governments and other agencies and organizations in their resource management and protection activities. Read about the department's commitment to equity and inclusion.
The department consists of four divisions: Administration, Land Conservation, Parks, and Water Resource Engineering.
Administration provides behind the scenes support and oversight of department functions.
Land Conservation provides conservation planning assistance and technical service in the area of soil and water conservation to landowners, land users, and decision-makers of Dane County, Wisconsin.
- 4/18/2020 - Ecological Restoration Volunteer Opportunity at the UW Lakeshore Nature Preserve
- 4/18/2020 - Arboretum Restoration Work Party -- Grady Tract
- 4/21/2020 - Donald County Park Tuesday Morning Work Group
- 4/25/2020 - Arboretum Restoration Work Party -- Core Area
- 4/26/2020 - Schumacher Farm County Park - Springtime at the Farm