Land & Water Resources Department
The Dane County Land & Water Resources Department ensures the protection and enhancement of Dane County's natural, cultural, and historic resources; provides the county's residents with a broad array of accessible, high quality resource-based recreational services and facilities; and supports residents, communities, local governments and other agencies and organizations in their resource management and protection activities. Read about the department's commitment to equity and inclusion.
The department consists of four divisions: Administration, Land Conservation, Parks, and Water Resource Engineering.
Administration provides behind the scenes support and oversight of department functions.
Land Conservation provides conservation planning assistance and technical service in the area of soil and water conservation to landowners, land users, and decision-makers of Dane County, Wisconsin.
- 10/23/2019 - Wisconsin River Recreation Bridge Open House
- 10/24/2019 - Arboretum Restoration Team Leader Training
- 10/25/2019 - Fall Prairie Seed Collection Volunteer Day
- 10/26/2019 - Halloween at the Farm - Schumacher Farm County Park
- 10/26/2019 - Arboretum Core Area/Curtis Prairie Work Party