Land & Water Resources Department
The Dane County Land & Water Resources Department (LWRD) ensures the protection and enhancement of Dane County's natural, cultural, and historic resources; provides the County's citizens with a broad array of accessible, high quality resource-based recreational services and facilities; and supports citizens, communities, local governments and other agencies and organizations in their resource management and protection activities. LWRD consists of five divisions: Administration, Land Conservation, Office of Lakes and Watersheds, Parks, and Water Resource Engineering.
Administration provides behind the scenes support and oversight of department functions.
Land Conservation provides conservation planning assistance and technical service in the area of soil and water conservation to landowners, land users, and decision-makers of Dane County, Wisconsin.
- 3/24/2018 - Annual Dog Park Cleanup Day!
- 3/31/2018 - Cottontail Classic 5K/10K
- 4/21/2018 - Youth Service Day at McCarthy Youth Conservation Park
- 5/5/2018 - Walk For Water
- 5/5/2018 - Word on the Street 5K Run/Walk and Kids' Run
- 5/12/2018 - 7th Annual Donald Dash Trail Run @ Donald County Park
- 6/2/2018 - Parks & Trails Unite Festival
- 6/23/2018 - BioBlitz at Lake Farm County Park
- 6/23/2018 - Prairie Chase Run/Walk at Pheasant Branch Conservancy