Yahara Chain of Lakes - Lake Levels Task Force
The Dane County Board adopted 2018 Res-227 that calls for a technical report to identify ways to address flooding on the Yahara chain of lakes and the creation of a task force to make policy recommendations.
A technical work group met from October 18, 2018 to January 25, 2019 to evaluate lake level conditions, model various scenarios that include predicted climate changes, and identify short- and long-term approaches to improve resiliency for future events. The work group compiled their findings into a technical report.
A task force will begin meeting on Febrary 4, 2019 to review the technical report findings and make policy recommendations. Task force meeting details and information are posted on Legistar. Make sure to select "Yahara Chain of Lakes-Lake Levels Task Force" and "2019" from the dropdowns to see the full meeting schedule.
- Draft Task Force Recommendations (PDF) - March 15, 2019
- Summary of Draft Task Force Recommendations (PDF) - March 15, 2019
- Final Task Force Recommendations (PDF) - March 18, 2019
Video/Audio Meeting Recordings:
- February 4 (audio) - presentation slides are attached to the meeting minutes (PDF)
- February 11 (audio)
- February 18 (video)
- March 5 (video)
- March 18 (video)
Public comments with recommendations for the task force to consider will be accepted through Friday, March 8, 2019. Public comments must include a name and address in order to be considered. Your name and comments may be posted online and/or available as open records. Comments should be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Dane County Land & Water Resources Department
Lake Levels Task Force Public Comment
5201 Fen Oak Drive, Room 208
Madison WI 53718
Comments Received (black boxes are redacted addresses):
- Through February 6, 2019 (PDF)
- Through February 13, 2019 (PDF)
- Through February 18, 2019,10 AM (PDF)
- Through March 1, 2019, 5 PM (PDF)
- Through March 6, 2019 (PDF)
- Through March 12, 2019, 1 PM (PDF)
The task force will also hold a public comment period during the meeting on March 5, 2019 at 5:00 pm at the Lyman F Anderson Ag & Conservation Center (5201 Fen Oak Drive, Madison - Room A/B). The agenda for that meeting is posted on Legistar.